Mini Spinach & Artichoke Pullaparts – Mini bread rounds stuffed with wilted spinach & herbed artichokes, topped with melted mozzarella cheese. The perfect appetizer!
This post is sponsored by Follow Your Heart.
Spinach and artichoke dip is one of the best appetizers ever. That’s something we can all agree on, right?
I’m just going to be honest with you. Two things inspired this recipe: my selfishness for always wanting more appetizers, and the fact that I’m a complete and utter germaphobe.
My family made a pull-apart bread for Christmas a few years ago and it was SO GOOD but I literally only ate one piece because there’s something about digging your fingers into a communal dish that makes me so uncomfortable. Yes, even if it’s family.
This solves all my problems. It gives me my own mini appetizer (which is awesome), and allows me to eat without the germaphobe fears creeping in (double awesome). PLUS! Because they’re mini, they get extra crispy and gooey and delicious in the oven. And also you can eat more than one without feeling guilty. Win win win.
I made a vegan spinach and artichoke dip not that long ago and it was good… but it wasn’t right. You’ll never hear me say this (I wasn’t even a huge cheese fan before I went vegan), but it needed cheese. So when I decided to make these, I knew I needed some type of cheese to give it that signature spinach and artichoke dip creaminess.
In comes Follow Your Heart to save the day. I’m obsessed with their products, especially the cheese. It melts better than any vegan cheese I’ve ever tried. For this recipe, I used the Mozzarella-Style Cheese. I stuffed a small piece in the bread cuts, then packed it with the spinach artichoke mixture, then added a few more pieces on top. Yummm.
(PS I thought I had shredded mozzarella but I only had slices, so I apologize for the occasional small square of cheese in the photos. It melted really well, but shredded cheese will definitely melt more evenly over the top. Don’t do what I did, learn from my mistakes. Use shredded cheese.)
♡ What’s your family’s favorite appetizer?
- 4 mini bread rounds (slightly bigger than bread rolls)
- 4 Tbsp. vegan butter, divided
- 1½ tsp. garlic powder, divided
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. finely chopped basil (dried or fresh)
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 heaping cups spinach
- 7 oz. artichoke hearts, finely chopped
- heaping ½ cup Follow Your Heart Mozzarella-Style Shreds
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In a saute pan, heat 3 Tbsp. of the butter until bubbling. Stir in the onion powder, basil, a pinch of salt and pepper, and 1 tsp. of the garlic powder.
- Stir in the spinach and artichokes and let cook until the butter is absorbed and the spinach is wilted.
- Meanwhile, slice the bread. Cut 4 slits across the top of the bread, going down about halfway (don't cut all the way to the bottom!). Cut 4 more slits the other way so the whole top of the bread is cut into squares.
- Stuff a small piece of cheese into each cut of the bread. Be careful so the bread doesn't rip!
- Spoon the spinach and artichoke mixture onto the cheese inside each cut of the bread.
- Top with more cheese and wrap each roll individually in foil.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, melt the remaining Tbsp. of butter and mix in the ½ tsp. garlic powder.
- Remove the rolls from the oven, uncover, and brush the butter over top of each roll. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper and a bit more basil.
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes (uncovered) until the bread is golden brown on the edges and the cheese is fully melted.
Thank you to Follow Your Heart for sponsoring this post!
(All opinions are 100% my own. I only partner with brands that I use in my everyday life.)
© PANTHERS & PEONIES. All text, recipes, and photographs on this site are my own. Please do not use my images without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post.