Welcome to my series, Some Things on a Sunday!
Every Sunday, I like to share my random thoughts & cool things I’ve found, along with a weekly recap and some photos from the week. Enjoy!
- First things first, yes I am still on my oatmeal latte kick.
- I’ve spent the last few days laughing at people raging over Getting Over It. If you don’t know what that is, it’s a new, super hard climbing game on Steam that has everyone freaking out. If you like watching people get angry, please watch Markiplier’s video, I Literally Throw a Chair in Rage (warning: lots of cursing).
- Speaking of games, I’m so disappointed with Hello Neighbor. Mike and I watched an early, early access stream on Twitch a little over a year ago and I was so excited. It was legitimately creepy and looked amazing (and difficult). I’ve been looking forward to the full release for OVER A YEAR now, and it’s slowly been getting worse and worse. Now it’s out (kind of??) and they’re trying to charge way too much for a broken, unfinished game that has no real point or motive. Ugh, it makes me angry.
- Mmmm, donut cake.
- I love Safiya Nygaard, and this week she put out a super interesting video, Dressing According to my Zodiac Sign.
- This romper is the cutest.
- Someone pleeease help me find a cheap version of this chair, I need it.
- Obsessed with this pretzel peanut butter chocolate bark.
- Love love love these overalls.
- I finally did it, I broke down and made a wishlist. I made it on Pinterest as more of a “things I want” tracker rather than a “here are things you can buy me” tracker. (And here’s my Steam Wishlist, just for fun).
- I’ve tried to avoid the starving polar bear photo because I’ve seen photos like it before and it breaks my heart. Photos like that have been circling forever and thankfully this one went viral so people are starting to pay attention. Please please please, even if you never go vegan, please just try to help the environment a little. This isn’t a joke, climate change is a real thing and if people keep not caring then the earth is literally going to die. Here are some ways to help stop global warming.
- I’m also hoping to build a couple bee feeders soon. Even if I don’t have the room for a full garden, I still want to help bees in any way I can. Even if you don’t like bees, we need them and I hope you all build a bee feeder!
- Last but not least, thankfully we are safe from the fires. I’ve dealt with fire evacuations before, I think everyone in California has at one point or another. But this time was different. Last time I had to evacuate, I was in high school and packed way too much stuff because I couldn’t imagine living without it. This time, I realized that as long as I get Mike, myself, our cat, and our hamster out safely, everything is ok.