Welcome to my new series, Some Things on a Sunday!
I always love reading the “weekly round-up” segment that a lot of blogs do, so here is my version. Every Sunday, I like to share my random thoughts & cool things I’ve found, along with a weekly recap and some photos from the week. Enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links.
- You need to laugh every day. That’s something I need to remind myself constantly. Most days I stress so much that I forget to laugh all day, and then when Mike gets home I start laughing uncontrollably over things that don’t make sense, like it all just spills out somehow. One time, I was having a particularly bad day, Mike brought home dinner, and after I vented to him about why the day was bad, he dropped an onion ring and the onion slipped out of the breading while it was falling. AND I LOST IT. Like tears streaming down my face. Always remember to laugh, kids, or else you become really weird. I think that’s the lesson here.
- Speaking of laughing, please watch one of my favorite clips from Impractical Jokers, Murr Public Speaking on Novocaine.
- You know what, I’m throwing in a few more clips. Here’s part 1 and part 2 of my favorite challenge EVER. WHY IS THIS SO FUNNY.
- This theory about How I Met Your Mother blew my mind. As someone who… ahem… loves this show (and may have seen each episode about 50 times), I could write an entire essay on why this makes sense.
- Also, how is it possible that it’s 3 years later and the ending of HIMYM still makes me SO MAD.
- We bought this and turned it into a dust bath for the hamsters and it’s the cutest thing I’ve ever seen.
- We also have this one for our kitchen sink.
- Halloween is almost here & I’ve been brainstorming the most amazing Foxy the Pirate cosplay. I’ve already started creating the costume, all I need now is a photographer who’s up to the challenge! And a very specific type of closet to shoot in. I realize that probably doesn’t make much sense unless you’ve played FNAF 4.
- Speaking of Halloween, I’m feeling crafty. Hopefully Mike won’t be upset if I do this to his copper cups, but they’re so DARN CUTE!
- Has anyone been watching the new season of American Horror Story? And if so, is it any good? I’m an OG, Season 1 lover and feel like no season has been as good (please don’t get me started on Hotel, I could rant for days).
- I have been wanting to make an oatmeal latte for so long, but the weather has been way too warm for hot coffee. UGH, it looks so good!
- I have SO MANY recipes that I can’t wait to try. Here’s my Baking To-Do List Pinterest board, aka things you can look forward to me putting on the blog.
the best juice // delicious vegan breakfast burrito from sweet earth
ham with too much in her cheeks // my high school clothes still fit??