My Resources & Recommendations:
For a step-by-step guide on how to start your own blog in only 15 minutes, click here.
- Siteground. I use Siteground for my site hosting and I LOVE it. Super user-friendly and the help staff is amazing. I was using Bluehost because their prices were a small bit cheaper, but the service was awful and they ended up selling my information. I would recommend paying a little extra and using Siteground for the guaranteed service!
- 17th Avenue. My theme is from 17th Avenue and I love it so much. They have A TON of beautiful themes, it was hard to choose just one!
- WordPress. Attaching my Bluehost site to the WordPress interface was the best thing I ever did. It’s a must for anyone who wants a self-hosted blog!
- EasyRecipe. I love this plugin, it looks clean with my blog theme.
- jQuery Pin It Button. So simple to add a custom pin it button! This is definitely one of my favorite plugins and a must for food blogs.
- Instagram Feed. The easiest way to add my Instagram feed directly onto my blog theme.
- Shareaholic. Super cute buttons that allow readers to share posts across any platform. I’m obsessed with Shareaholic; it’s so easy to use and fun to customize!
- Canva. I use Canva for creating pins and thumbnails for my YouTube videos. I use the free version, but there’s also a pro version for only $12/month!
- Pixlr. Pixlr is another photo-editing program; it’s basically a free online version of Photoshop. I use Pixlr to make more complicated images (cut-outs, circular photos, embellished text, etc.).
- A Color Story. I use A Color Story from A Beautiful Mess (love those girls) to edit the food photos I take on my iPhone. They have TONS of filters and photo effects, it’s so fun to play around with.