Raspberry Chocolate Chip Muffins – tall, thick, bakery-style muffins packed with tart raspberries and rich dark chocolate chips, topped with crunchy sugar
Hi friends, happy Friday. We’ve got a lot of things to celebrate today. Well, I’ve got a lot of things to celebrate, but I’d like to think that you’re celebrating along with me.
First of all, not super exciting, but I finally created a weekly schedule for myself. New blog posts will go up on Monday & Friday around 11am-noon, instead of on Monday & Thursday. I also made a much better schedule for my YouTube videos and Twitch streams (I stream every Monday and Thursday, if you’re curious). I was having a little trouble with my schedule, so I’ve spaced things out better and I feel like I’m actually able to plan ahead now. It’s like this gigantic weight has been lifted off my shoulders.
Speaking of weight lifted off my shoulders, I am FINALLY moving! I can’t even handle how excited I am, for so many reasons. First of all, it’s bigger than where I live now. Second of all, I actually have a role in the remodeling of it, which means tons of DIY projects for the blog! Maybe even some YouTube videos too?
Also, Black Mirror is back, and that’s pretty darn cool. How do you guys feel about the new episodes?
So these Raspberry Chocolate Chip Muffins are to celebrate so many things right now. I’m at that place where everything is finally smooth sailing and I feel so happy and peaceful. And I can’t think of anything better to celebrate than some raspberry and chocolate, one of my favorite combinations of all time. These muffins are perfectly light and fluffy, with that big muffin dome on top. They’re filled with melty chocolate chips, vanilla bean, and dried raspberries, which I love in muffins. It gives a great texture and flavor without adding excess liquid into the batter that fresh fruit usually does.
What are you guys celebrating lately? Let me know in the comments!
Looking for more muffin recipes?
Raspberry Chocolate Chip Muffins (Vegan)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 scant cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup nondairy milk, such as Silk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup vegan butter, such as Earth Balance melted
- 1/2 vanilla bean, scraped
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup freeze-dried raspberries
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Combine the ground flaxseed with 6 Tbsp. of water, mix well, and set aside to let thicken (about 5-7 minutes).
- Sift together the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, and salt). Add the sugar and mix well.
- In a separate bowl or glass measuring cup, combine the wet ingredients (applesauce, flaxseed mixture, nondairy milk, oil, melted butter, and vanilla bean).
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Be careful not to overmix!
- Fold in the chocolate chips and dried raspberries. Scoop the muffin batter into a lined muffin tin and sprinkle the tops with a pinch of sugar.
- Bake the muffins for 5 minutes at 425ºF, then lower the heat to 350ºF without opening the oven door or removing the muffins. Bake an additional 30 minutes until golden brown.
© PANTHERS & PEONIES. All text, recipes, and photographs on this site are my own. Please do not use my images without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post.