Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cake – Spiced pumpkin cake studded with dark chocolate & covered in a smooth dark chocolate ganache. Perfect for fall!
LET THE FALL BAKING BEGIN!
I’m sure I’m going to write this on every fall recipe, but I FREAKIN’ LOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR. The weather is finally cooling down, leaves are falling, everything seems strangely calm. Probably because kids are back in school so there’s no children screaming at all hours of the day in our neighborhood. I don’t know when I became an old lady but I guess this is who I am now.
Plus pumpkin patches are popping up on every corner and ugh, I just love it. Time to start looking for a Halloween costume & eating pumpkin EVERYTHING.
This is probably the most versatile recipe I have. I’ve made it as cake, cupcakes, muffins, mini loaves, the list goes on and on. This time, I made a bundt cake! There’s not much to say about this cake besides you will LOVE IT. It’s so easy to throw together, it’s done in less than an hour, and has just the right amount of fall spices to make you feel all warm & fuzzy inside. Plus it’s ridiculously delicious and makes a perfect dessert, midnight snack, or breakfast.
Don’t judge me.
Fun fact: One time I baked this cake and then served it to my mom (who hates vegan food) without telling her it was vegan and she LOVED IT. I later told her that it was a vegan cake and from that day forward she’s like, “you know what, I don’t care if this is vegan, it’s delicious” with almost everything I bake. Yes, this cake has the power to change people.
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup water
- 1½ cups semisweet chocolate chips (divided)
- ¼ cup nondairy milk
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Sift together the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, & cinnamon.
- Mix together the oil, vanilla, vinegar, & water.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients & mix well.
- Fold in the pumpkin puree and mix well. Fold in 1 cup of the chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased bundt pan & spread evenly.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Heat the nondairy milk in the microwave until almost boiling. Mine took about 45 seconds, but keep an eye on it because your microwave might take more or less time.
- Pour the heated milk over the remaining ½ cup of chocolate chips & let sit 2-3 minutes.
- Gently stir until completely smooth. The ganache will look broken at first, but keep stirring and it will come together.
- Pour the ganache over the cooled cake.
© PANTHERS & PEONIES. All text, recipes, and photographs on this site are my own. Please do not use my images without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post.