Peanut Butter & Strawberry Banana Bread – Rich, moist banana bread stuffed with a layer of creamy peanut butter and packed with pieces of fresh strawberries. Perfect for summer!
This post is sponsored by Daiya.
Sometimes my recipes are super over the top, and sometimes they’re… dare I say… healthy? Well guess what, this recipe is both.
It’s February, people are sticking to their resolutions about eating healthier. I want a lighter banana bread recipe, one that’s not quite as dense as my go-to banana bread recipe.
Strawberries are everywhere right now and I’m obsessed and want to eat them all day. Strawberry banana bread popped into my head, but that’s so boring and been done a million times… so I added a layer of peanut butter in the middle. Yesss.
This recipe is delicious and light, but still sturdy enough to make a good breakfast. Plus it’s lower in fat and calories because it has big chunks of real fruit, yogurt instead of butter, a small bit of coconut oil for some healthy fats, and protein-packed peanut butter.
For this recipe, I’m using Daiya’s Strawberry Greek Yogurt Alternative. It smells SO GOOD, it’s creamy and delicious, and tastes just like real yogurt.
How to Make PB & Strawberry Banana Bread:
You could totally use plain or vanilla yogurt, but I’m using strawberry yogurt. I really like the subtle strawberry flavor it gives to each bite. The yogurt (and banana) keep this bread moist and tender, the strawberry pieces add a nice texture, and the walnuts give a nice crunch.
Oh, and the peanut butter? You know everything’s better with peanut butter.
Peanut Butter & Strawberry Banana Bread (Vegan)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil liquid
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp. flaxseed meal + 7 Tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 container 5.3 ounces Daiya Strawberry Greek Yogurt Alternative
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- pinch of cinnamon
- heaping 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 3/4 cup chopped strawberries
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Mix together the flax and water and let sit until thickened, about 5-7 minutes.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the sugar, coconut oil, vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Add the yogurt and flax. Mix well.
- Sift together the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt) and add to the mixing bowl. Mix until just combined.
- Add the mashed banana and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the strawberry pieces. Pour half of the mixture into a greased loaf pan, then top with the creamy peanut butter. Using a knife, gently swirl the peanut butter into the banana bread. Top with the remaining batter.
- Decorate the top of the loaf with cut-up strawberries and walnut pieces. Bake 70-80 minutes until a rich brown color across the top.
Thank you to Daiya for sponsoring this post!
(All opinions are 100% my own. I only partner with brands that I love and use regularly.)
© PANTHERS & PEONIES. All text, recipes, and photographs on this site are my own. Please do not use my images without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post.