Peanut Butter Mug Cake – rich peanut butter cake studded with chocolate chips, ready in under a minute!
A few days ago, I ran into a problem that I haven’t had in years: there was no dessert in the house.
I was craving something warm and gooey and chocolatey, but my emergency freezer cookie stash had run out. And to be honest, the past two weeks have worn me out with recipe testing and editing videos and trying to get ahead on everything, so the last thing I wanted to do was bake cookies.
I found a small bit of vanilla ice cream (Soy Creamy from Trader Joe’s, absolutely the best vegan ice cream in the world) in the back of the freezer and knew that I was halfway to a pizookie, or at least something vaguely pizookie-like, aka anything warm with cold ice cream on top.
Mug cakes are not a thing I make too often, but every once in a while they show up to save the day. This was one of those times.
A warm peanut butter mug cake with melty chocolate chips, topped with vanilla ice cream? So ridiculously good. In fact, I bought more ice cream so that I could make another one.
This mug cake has such a great consistency, I almost didn’t believe it was baked in a mug. It’s soft enough to eat on its own, but sturdy enough to hold up to ice cream and chocolate sauce. And it all comes together in under 2 minutes? It’s a literal lifesaver.
Looking for more peanut butter recipes?
- Peanut Butter Cup Blondies
- Peanut Butter & Chocolate Marble Cake
- Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
Peanut Butter Mug Cake
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1 tsp. agave
- 2 Tbsp. nondairy milk, such as Silk
- 2 Tbsp. creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. semisweet chocolate chips
- whipped cream for topping
- Combine all ingredients (except the chocolate chips and the whipped cream) in a microwave-safe coffee mug or small bowl. Mix well until no lumps remain.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and spread the top as evenly as possible. Microwave for 40-45 seconds until puffed up and cooked thoroughly.*
- Top with additional chocolate chips and whipped cream. Enjoy!
© PANTHERS & PEONIES. All text, recipes, and photographs on this site are my own. Please do not use my images without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post.