Peanut Butter Cup Blondies – Peanut butter cookie base topped with chocolate chips and peanut butter cups, a dessert for all my fellow peanut butter lovers!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I earn a commission if you purchase through those links. These are all products I use daily and highly recommend. Thanks for the support that makes Panthers & Peonies possible!
I just love peanut butter in general. I put it in oatmeal, and in smoothies, and on toast… it’s protein! It’s good for me! As a vegan, I’m supposed to be lacking protein, right? (this is sarcasm, the joke here being that everyone likes to ask how vegans get enough protein. Fun fact: on days when I get really annoyed with that question, I like to tell people that I get my protein from eating stupid people who ask where I get my protein from. True story.)
Another fun fact! On multiple occasions, I’ve made myself sick from eating too much peanut butter. I really need to learn some self-control… this is the opposite of self-control. Mike likes to say I have a ‘too-much gene’, which basically means that everything I do is over the top, past the realm of what other people would consider normal. This is me letting my ‘too-much gene’ run wild and honestly? I’m ok with that.
It’s what my whole blog is about.
I’m very happy with these.
These blondies start with a peanut butter cookie base. And if you’re not a blondie lover? You should be. Blondies always taste like big slabs of cookie, and there’s NOTHING wrong with that. And no, blondies are not comparable to brownies and honestly they shouldn’t be compared, but… ok, I’m getting off track.
These blondies start with a peanut butter cookie base, then dark chocolate chips and dark chocolate mini peanut butter cups are folded in. It’s baked until golden brown, then drizzled with melted peanut butter and ugh, cutting into it? It’s a messy masterpiece.
PS, I’m sorry for how many times you had to read the words ‘peanut butter’ in this post. We should make it a drinking game or something.
Also PS, if your peanut butter-chocolate sweet tooth is still here, check out some more peanut butter & chocolate recipes: peanut butter brownie bark, double chocolate peanut butter cup cookies, peanut butter cookies with chocolate ganache, and peanut butter & chocolate graham sandwiches.
Here’s What I Used:
- 6 Tbsp. vegan butter, melted
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter, divided
- 1 Tbsp. flaxseed meal + 3 Tbsp. water
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 heaping tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped mini peanut butter cups (I used Justin's!)
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Mix flax and water and let sit 5-7 minutes until thickened.
- Mix together the melted butter and ½ cup of the peanut butter.
- Add the sugars and beat about 5 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Add the vanilla and the flaxseed.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, and cornstarch.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients to the bowl and mix until just combined.
- Carefully fold in half of the chocolate chips and chopped peanut butter cups.
- Pour the mixture into a parchment-lined 8" square pan. Press the mixture lightly into the pan (it'll be very crumbly!).
- Pour the remaining chocolate chips and peanut butter cups over the top and gently press into the dough.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the edges are golden brown. It's done when it's just slightly undercooked, like a brownie. It'll continue to cook a small amount once removed from the oven. If you stick a toothpick in the center and wet crumbs stick to the toothpick, it's perfect!
- Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining ¼ cup peanut butter to a microwave-safe bowl and microwave about 15 seconds. You want the peanut butter slightly runny, but not melted.
- Drizzle the warm peanut butter over the bars.
© PANTHERS & PEONIES. All text, recipes, and photographs on this site are my own. Please do not use my images without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post.