Peanut Butter Cup Blondies – Peanut butter cookie base topped with chocolate chips and peanut butter cups, a dessert for all my fellow peanut butter lovers!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I earn a commission if you purchase through those links. These are all products I use daily and highly recommend. Thanks for the support that makes Panthers & Peonies possible!
I love peanut butter. Mix it with chocolate, put it on toast, just give me a spoon and I’ll go to town on a peanut butter jar. It’s protein! It’s good for me! (This is me lying to myself.)
Here’s a fun fact! On multiple occasions, I’ve made myself sick from eating too much peanut butter. This is because I don’t have any sort of self-control. My boyfriend likes to say I have a ‘too-much gene’, which basically means that everything I do is over the top, past the realm of what other people would consider normal. For example, I have too many tattoos and listen to too much music. And I put too much peanut butter on things.
These Peanut Butter Cup Blondies are proof of me letting my ‘too-much gene’ run wild and honestly? I’m ok with that. It’s what my whole blog is about.
How to Make Peanut Butter Cup Blondies:
These Peanut Butter Cup Blondies start with a peanut butter cookie base. And if you’re not a blondie lover? You should be. Blondies always taste like big slabs of cookie, and there’s NOTHING wrong with that.
Then you fold in dark chocolate chips and dark chocolate mini peanut butter cups. Bake it until it’s golden brown, then drizzle it with melted peanut butter. As a result, you get this messy masterpiece of peanut butter and melty chocolate.
And if after all this you still have a peanut butter-chocolate sweet tooth, check out some more peanut butter & chocolate recipes:
- Peanut Butter & Chocolate Graham Sandwiches
- Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- Peanut Butter-Stuffed Brownie Bark
- Peanut Butter Cookies with Pretzel Ganache
Here’s What I Used:
Peanut Butter Cup Blondies
- 6 Tbsp. vegan butter melted
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter divided
- 1 Tbsp. flaxseed meal + 3 Tbsp. water
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 heaping tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped mini peanut butter cups I used Justin's!
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Mix flax and water and let sit 5-7 minutes until thickened.
- Mix together the melted butter and 1/2 cup of the peanut butter.
- Add the sugars and beat about 5 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Add the vanilla and the flaxseed.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, and cornstarch.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients to the bowl and mix until just combined.
- Carefully fold in half of the chocolate chips and chopped peanut butter cups.
- Pour the mixture into a parchment-lined 8" square pan. Press the mixture lightly into the pan (it'll be very crumbly!).
- Pour the remaining chocolate chips and peanut butter cups over the top and gently press into the dough.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the edges are golden brown. It's done when it's just slightly undercooked, like a brownie. It'll continue to cook a small amount once removed from the oven. If you stick a toothpick in the center and wet crumbs stick to the toothpick, it's perfect!
- Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining 1/4 cup peanut butter to a microwave-safe bowl and microwave about 15 seconds. You want the peanut butter slightly runny, but not melted.
- Drizzle the warm peanut butter over the bars.
© PANTHERS & PEONIES. All text, recipes, and photographs on this site are my own. Please do not use my images without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post.