Peanut Butter & Chocolate Graham Sandwiches – Crunchy and amazing and just the right amount of salty-sweet!
Oh how I love Disneyland. As a kid, it’s full of wonder and magic, an amazing place where all your dreams can come true. And as an adult, it’s all that same stuff, plus you can drink! And then after two margaritas and a tequila flight, you can try to talk through the glass to a pastry chef who has no interest in talking to you.
Well actually it was more like me waving incessantly until he forced a half-smile, to which I proceeded to yell through the glass “HEY I HAVE THE SAME JOB AS YOU, ISN’T IT FUN, DON’T YOU LOVE YOUR JOB, I LOVE MY JOB”. True story. Here’s a photo that my wonderful best friend took of that exact interaction:
Anyways. Disneyland is actually (surprisingly) pretty vegan-friendly. They have several restaurants with vegan options, as well as a ton of snacks through the park (the popcorn and pretzel are both vegan! Yessss.) But my favorite thing in the entire world, the peanut butter chocolate graham cracker sandwich thingamajig, is not. Wah-wah. But they’re SO DELICIOUS, I figured out how to make my own homemade vegan version.
These peanut butter & chocolate graham sandwiches are crunchy and amazing and just the right amount of salty-sweet. The best part is that the recipe is so easy, but the end result looks super fancy. They’re sure to impress whomever you’re making them for!
Peanut Butter & Chocolate Graham Sandwiches (Vegan)
- 8.5 oz. dark chocolate
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 1 sleeve graham crackers about 9 crackers
- 1 cup peanut butter
- Break all the graham crackers in half (into squares).
- Spread about 2 tbsp. of peanut butter onto half of them.
- Sandwich the two halves together.
- Throw in the fridge or freezer to chill for about 15 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate & coconut oil in a double boiler or in the microwave (heat for 30 seconds at a time, be careful not to burn it!) until melted.
- Dip the grahams into the chocolate & make sure to coat fully.
- Lay out on a sheet of parchment paper or waxed paper & let set.
- If the chocolate isn't setting within a few minutes, throw them into the fridge to harden.
- If you have any leftover chocolate, drizzle it over top!
© PANTHERS & PEONIES. All text, recipes, and photographs on this site are my own. Please do not use my images without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post.