Orange Chocolate Chip Muffins – zesty, flavorful orange muffins made with real orange juice and zest and packed with dark chocolate. 100% vegan!
This weekend (Tuesday/Wednesday is our “weekend”, because my boyfriend is a tattooer so weekends are for work) was honestly incredible. Not because we went on vacation or did anything super exciting, but just because the weather was perfect and I listened to my own advice (for once) and made time for self-care.
First things first, I got a FACIAL, which I haven’t done in years. I hate massages or getting my nails done or “spa days”, but getting facials is one thing I am always down for. A green papaya enzyme peel? Sign me up.
I also finally broke down and bought a juicer, which I’ve been putting off because they’re so unnecessarily expensive. But yesterday we bought one and went a little crazy juicing all the fruit in our fridge.
But before I juiced the 20 pounds of citrus taking up precious room in our fridge, I set aside a few oranges to make a big batch of these Orange Chocolate Chip Muffins. Fun fact, this was a recipe I used to make all the time before I even went vegan. This is one of those “wow, vegan food can be pretty good!” recipes.
Want more citrus recipes?
Orange Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- zest of 1 orange
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- In a large bowl, sift together the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt). Add the sugar and mix well to make sure there are no clumps.
- In a separate measuring cup, add all the wet ingredients (orange juice, zest, coconut oil, and vanilla). Pour into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the batter into lined muffin tins. Sprinkle with additional chocolate chips. Bake muffins 20-25 minutes until golden brown around the edges.
© PANTHERS & PEONIES. All text, recipes, and photographs on this site are my own. Please do not use my images without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post.