Cinnamon Rice Krispie Treats – crunchy Rice Krispies and cinnamon cereal come together with marshmallow to create this delicious twist on a classic!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I earn a commission if you purchase through those links. These are all products I use daily and highly recommend. Thanks for the support that makes Panthers & Peonies possible!
A lot of people think Rice Krispie treats are boring. And I totally get that, I’m not someone who would choose a Rice Krispie treat over other desserts. But fancy Rice Krispie treats? Those are a whole different story. Add some sprinkles or a drizzle of chocolate and I’m sold.
The flavors in these Cinnamon Rice Krispie Treats all work so well together: the chewy marshmallow, the crunchy cinnamon cereal, the creamy peanut butter. I used Annie’s CinnaBunnies, which are perfectly crunchy with an extra hit of cinnamon.
We all know that peanut butter and chocolate are the perfect combination, but I think I might have found peanut butter’s new perfect partners: cinnamon and marshmallow.
Here’s What I Used:
Cinnamon Rice Krispie Treats
- 6 Tbsp. vegan butter
- 10 ounces vegan marshmallows I used Trader Joe's
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 cups cinnamon cereal of your choice I used Annie's CinnaBunnies
- 3 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- cinnamon for sprinkling
- peanut butter for drizzling
- In a large soup pot, melt together the butter and marshmallows.
- Once the marshmallows are completely melted, remove the pot from the heat and add the vanilla.
- Pour in the cereals and mix until totally combined.
- Pour the mixture into a parchment-lined 8" square baking pan and using a sturdy spoon or your hands, press down the mixture firmly into the pan.
- Let set overnight (or at least 2 hours).
- Drizzle with melted peanut butter and sprinkle with cinnamon.
© PANTHERS & PEONIES. All text, recipes, and photographs on this site are my own. Please do not use my images without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post.