This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I earn a commission if you purchase through those links. These are all products I use daily and highly recommend. Thanks for the support that makes Panthers & Peonies possible!
I’m not usually someone who chooses a Rice Krispie treat over other desserts, but trashed-up Rice Krispie treats are a whole different story. You bet your butt my bakery is going to have a full menu of trashed-up Rice Krispie treats.
These flavors all work so well together: the chewy marshmallow, the crunchy cinnamon cereal, the creamy peanut butter, and the sprinkle of cinnamon on top. I know I always ramble on and on about how peanut butter and chocolate are the perfect combination, but I think I might have found peanut butter’s new partner: cinnamon.
Here’s What I Used:
Cinnamon Rice Krispie Treats
- 6 Tbsp. vegan butter
- 10 ounces vegan marshmallows I used Trader Joe's
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 cups cinnamon cereal of your choice I used Annie's CinnaBunnies
- 3 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- cinnamon for sprinkling
- peanut butter for drizzling
- In a large soup pot, melt together the butter and marshmallows.
- Once the marshmallows are completely melted, remove the pot from the heat and add the vanilla.
- Pour in the cereals and mix until totally combined.
- Pour the mixture into a parchment-lined 8" square baking pan and using a sturdy spoon or your hands, press down the mixture firmly into the pan.
- Let set overnight (or at least 2 hours).
- Drizzle with melted peanut butter and sprinkle with cinnamon.
© PANTHERS & PEONIES. All text, recipes, and photographs on this site are my own. Please do not use my images without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post.