Cinnamon Carrot Muffins – Delicious cinnamon muffins made moist with grated carrot and applesauce, and packed with whole wheat flour and flaxseeds!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I earn a commission if you purchase through those links. These are all products I use daily and highly recommend. Thanks for the support that makes Panthers & Peonies possible!
I think it’s safe to say that it’s FINALLY FALL. Besides the whole “it’s still 90º at 8am” thing, summer is like, officially over. Summer in San Diego is one of the greatest and most beautiful things in the world, so I always get a little sad in September when we have to say goodbye. But bring on fall, because I’m itching to get to the pumpkin patch and be able to wear sleeved shirts without having heatstroke.
These muffins sort of sum up fall for me: cinnamon and spices, baked goods packed with vegetables (all kinds, not just pumpkin), and trying to eat healthy through the holidays so I can load up on pie and brownies and cookies and bread without feeling guilty.
These muffins are packed with cinnamon and brown sugar, and super moist because there’s both grated carrot and applesauce in there. Plus there’s whole wheat flour and flaxseeds, AND walnuts, which makes them totally good for you. And normally I say that in a sarcastic way, but not today: these are actually healthy. I promise.
Here’s What I Used:
Cinnamon Carrot Muffins (Vegan)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/3 cup nondairy milk
- 1/2 + 2 Tbsp. unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1/2 cups grated carrots I used a mix of very finely grated and slightly larger bits
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the dry ingredients (flours, flaxseed, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt). Add the sugar and mix well, making sure there are no clumps of brown sugar.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the wet ingredients (oil, milk, and applesauce). Pour into the dry ingredients and mix until almost fully combined, then gently fold in the grated carrots.
- Scoop batter into a lined cupcake pan, or straight into the wells without liners (just be sure to grease the wells super well!). Sprinkle with chopped walnuts.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
Muffins are best eaten within 2-3 days. If they won't be finished by then, they freeze well!
© PANTHERS & PEONIES. All text, recipes, and photographs on this site are my own. Please do not use my images without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post.