This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I earn a commission if you purchase through those links (at no extra cost to you!). Thanks for the support that makes Panthers & Peonies possible!
I consider myself to be a bit of a banana bread connoisseur.
I love it. I’m addicted. I could probably eat banana bread every single day & never get tired of it.
I’ve tried over twenty recipes to find the perfect vegan loaf that isn’t dry, boring, or tastes “vegan” (even as a vegan, I can admit that a whole lot of vegan food is very, umm, bland. To put it nicely.)
But this one is my favorite. I keep coming back to this recipe. This is everything I love about banana bread. Simple, comforting, delicious.
The banana flavor is big. The chocolate chips complement the banana, not detract from it. The loaf is soft inside, but has a nice firm crust with a little bit of crunch on the edges. It’s PERFECT.
Here’s What I Used:
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread (Vegan)
- ½ cup vegan butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp. flaxseed meal + 6 Tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ cup nondairy milk
- 4 medium bananas, mashed
- ⅔ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Mix together the flax and water and let sit until thickened, 5-7 minutes.
- Beat together the butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add flax and mix until smooth.
- Sift together the flour and baking soda.
- Add half of the flour to the mixing bowl, mix, then add the milk, mix. Add other half of flour and mix until just combined (the mixture will be very thick but be sure not to overmix it!)
- Fold in mashed bananas, then fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour into a buttered and floured loaf pan.
- Bake 65-70 minutes until golden brown. This is a big loaf, so make sure to stick a toothpick in the middle to make sure it's baked all the way through.
© PANTHERS & PEONIES. All text, recipes, and photographs on this site are my own. Please do not use my images without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post.