Homemade Crunch Bars – a delicious homemade version of the classic chocolate bar! Rich dark chocolate filled with crunchy Rice Krispies.
As I write this, I am deep within the throes of my birthday celebration. I haven’t really celebrated my birthday the last 4 or 5 years, so I’m really going all out this year and celebrating for a week straight. It mostly includes watching my favorite movies, eating chocolate, and ordering things I don’t need from Amazon. Self love, ya know?
My favorite part about my week-long birthday celebration is that I get a small break from the working-out-every-day, eating-only-kale thing. And even though I’m definitely making myself a big ol’ birthday cake and the recipe will definitely be coming to the blog, I’m still trying not to go overboard. That means substituting the bad-for-me stuff with healthy stuff that only tastes bad-for-me. These Homemade Crunch Bars are the perfect example.
These bars taste so incredible that you would never be able to guess that there are only three ingredients. Plus, they’re made with dark chocolate and coconut oil, which are two things that are super healthy for you. Win-win.
How to Make Homemade Crunch Bars:
These chocolates are crazy easy to make. All you have to do is melt the chocolate and coconut oil together in a microwave-safe bowl, then stir in the Rice Krispies. I poured the chocolate mixture into these cute little gem-shaped silicon molds, but you can create any shapes you want to!
PS, the silicon gem mold is made by Rosanna Pansino, and you can find it anywhere that sells Wilton products.
Homemade Crunch Bars
- 8 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 1 cup Rice Krispies cereal
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add the chopped chocolate and the coconut oil.
- Using the microwave, melt the chocolate in 30 second increments. Make sure to stir in between so the chocolate doesn’t burn!
- Once the chocolate is almost fully melted, remove the bowl from the microwave and stir. The residual heat will continue to melt the remaining chocolate.
- Add the Rice Krispies and mix until fully coated. Pour the chocolate into plastic or silicon molds and spread evenly. Refrigerate until firm. Enjoy!
© PANTHERS & PEONIES. All text, recipes, and photographs on this site are my own. Please do not use my images without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post.