Blueberry Chocolate Chip Banana Bread – rich, flavorful banana bread packed with pieces of banana, fresh blueberries, and dark chocolate!
I’m addicted to banana bread. And with all my experience eating banana bread, I’d like to think I’m a banana bread expert as well. I also firmly believe that I’m made of about 0.01% banana bread at this point in my life.
Banana bread is usually the first thing I grab when trying a new bakery (along with a croissant), because those 2 things really show whether a bakery is hot or not.
I love banana bread that tastes rustic and homemade, classic chocolate chip and walnut is my favorite. But sometimes I want something a little different, a little weird, a little interesting. This is one of those recipes.
Obviously bananas and chocolate are a perfect match, but did you know that blueberries and chocolate are another? Putting the 3 together is the next logical step.
This blueberry chocolate chip banana bread is rich, moist, and packed with banana flavor. Plus it’s full of bursting blueberries and rich dark chocolate. And on top of that, it’s got all-natural sugar and no oil, which makes it a great (and overall pretty healthy) breakfast!
Blueberry & Chocolate Chip Banana Bread (Vegan)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups mashed banana about 3 medium bananas
- scant 1/2 cup agave
- 1/4 cup nondairy milk
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- scant 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Sift together the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon).
- In a separate bowl, mix together the wet ingredients (agave, milk, applesauce, and vanilla).
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until almost fully combined.
- Add the mashed banana and fold together gently.
- Fold in the blueberries and chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan and bake 40-50 minutes until golden brown.
© PANTHERS & PEONIES. All text, recipes, and photographs on this site are my own. Please do not use my images without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post.