This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I earn a commission if you purchase through those links. These are all products I use daily and highly recommend. Thanks for the support that makes Panthers & Peonies possible!
I’ve mentioned it before and I’ll mention it a thousand more times. I’m a banana bread addict, and I’d like to think I’m a banana bread connoisseur as well. It’s usually the first pastry I’ll grab when trying a new bakery (along with a croissant), because those 2 things really show whether a bakery is hot or not.
I love banana bread that tastes homemade, classic chocolate chip and walnut being my favorite. But sometimes I want something a little different, a little weird, a little interesting. This is one of those times. Obviously bananas and chocolate are a match made in heaven, but did you know that blueberries and chocolate are another?
This banana bread is rich, moist, packed with banana flavor, and full of bursting blueberries and rich dark chocolate. Plus it’s got all-natural sugar and no oil, which means it makes it a great breakfast!
Here’s What I Used:
Blueberry & Chocolate Chip Banana Bread (Vegan)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups mashed banana about 3 medium bananas
- scant 1/2 cup agave
- 1/4 cup nondairy milk
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- scant 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Sift together the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon).
- In a separate bowl, mix together the wet ingredients (agave, milk, applesauce, and vanilla).
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until almost fully combined.
- Add the mashed banana and fold together gently.
- Fold in the blueberries and chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan and bake 40-50 minutes until golden brown.
Recipe adapted from Chocolate-Covered Katie – “Blueberry Banana Bread“
© PANTHERS & PEONIES. All text, recipes, and photographs on this site are my own. Please do not use my images without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post.