Blood Orange Chocolate Chip Pancakes – Light and fluffy pancakes packed with blood orange zest and dark chocolate chips. The perfect spring breakfast!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I earn a commission if you purchase through those links. These are all products I use daily and highly recommend. Thanks for the support that makes Panthers & Peonies possible!
Pancakes hold a very special place in my heart. They’re what I make my boyfriend every weekend (and by weekend I mean Tuesday/Wednesday, because he’s a tattoo artist so lol what’s a normal weekend), after he worked hard all week and finally has a chance to relax. Making him breakfast is one of my favorite things in the world.
He’s usually a fan of plain, buttery pancakes, but I wanted to make something different this weekend, and since you guys know how obsessed I am with blood oranges, it was time for blood orange pancakes. It just had to be done.
These pancakes are so light and fluffy, with a tart citrus kick and rich dark chocolate to balance it all out. They’re so good, I definitely snuck one off the skillet while I was making them and ate it in two bites. And I definitely burned my mouth a little bit, but it was definitely worth it.
Here’s What I Used:
Blood Orange Chocolate Chip Pancakes (Vegan)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. baking powder
- 3 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/4 cups nondairy milk
- juice and zest of 1 large blood orange
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Sift together the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt).
- Add the wet ingredients (oil, milk, orange juice, and orange zest) and mix well.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Let the pancake batter sit for 5-7 minutes. This allows the batter time to rest and also allows the baking powder to start working, which leads to the fluffiest pancakes!
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, then add a Tbsp. of butter to the hot pan.
- Scoop the pancake batter onto the buttered pan, and cook until golden brown.
Recipe adapted from The Pretty Bee – “Light & Fluffy Vegan Pancakes“
© PANTHERS & PEONIES. All text, recipes, and photographs on this site are my own. Please do not use my images without permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post.